04 Mar RESEARCH PAPER: Vidyo Disaggregates Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) to Scale Videoconferencing
Camera sensors and video-capable displays are following Moore’s Law: declining cost and increasing quality curves. Video hardware is now ubiquitous in mobile computing devices (smartphones, tablets, and notebooks). As camera module costs continue to decline, a growing range of low-cost consumer and commercial devices will be video-enabled, including many types of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) endpoints.
- Executive Summary
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Convenience Impact on Frequency of Business Interactions
- VidyoConferencing Platform
- Endpoint Technologies
- Real-Time Routing Through Disaggregation
- Workflow and Solution Integration
- Video and the Industrial Internet of Things
- Call to Action
- Figure 1: VidyoConferencing Platform Components
You can download the paper here: