24 Apr RESEARCH PAPER: There’s No Place Like The Smart Home
Due to its diversity, fragmentation and inherently consumer-driven nature, the smart home represents one of the most challenging but potentially rewarding market opportunities in the history of the high-tech area. While the global unit and revenue size of the smart home market is large and is expected to grow at an accelerated rate over the next several years (reaching $100B in 2020), the severe multi-player nature of the category will not likely yield one or two dominant winners, but numerous companies who solve specifictangible problems in the smart home and make consumers’ lives more productive.
You can download the paper here.
Table Of Contents:
- Market Sizing And Usage Models
- Intel’s Prior Efforts In The Smart Home
- Overview Of Intel’s Macro Strategy
- A “Best In Class” Consumer Experience
- How Does Intel Distinguish And Differentiate Itself?
- Figure 1: Worldwide Smart Home Opportunity (Units): 2016-2022
- Figure 2: Intel Viiv
- Figure 3: Intel’s Connected Home Approach
- Figure 4: Intel’s Focus For The Smart And Connected Home
- Cable Labs
- Wi-Fi Alliance