21 Jun RESEARCH PAPER: SPEC CPU 2017 & Changing Performance
Benchmarks help determine the relative performance of different platforms, neutralizing technical differences so IT can better ascertain the actual workload impact. The SPEC CPU 2006 benchmark has helped IT generate a relative performance baseline for CPUs across different platforms for over ten years. But being more than a decade old means the benchmark no longer provides IT with the most effective comparisons, as platform dynamics have changed greatly. SPEC’s new SPEC CPU 2017 benchmark is designed to reflect the changing times.
You can download the paper here.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Today’s Customer Needs
- How SPEC CPU Is Changing In 2017
- Workload Differences Are Raising Benchmark Complexity
- Compiler Differences Can Impact Benchmark Results
- AMD’s Compiler & Library Strategy
- Call To Action
- Figure 1: CPU Requirements Shift Over Time
- Table 1: CPU Comparisons
- Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC)