06 Nov RESEARCH PAPER: Software Designed Measurement & Control
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing at a rapid pace and is generating explosive amounts of data that must be gathered, analyzed, managed, and turned into business insights. The entire IoT value chain is comprised of devices that are both intelligent and connected; the complexity of this ecosystem has significantly increased the demands of test, measurement, and embedded design tools. In addition to the added complexity, the next generation of users expect more: connectivity from anywhere, intuitive user experience (UX), industry specific capabilities, and the ability to deal with Big Data challenges such as data ingress, data health management, and Big Data analytics.
- Executive Summary
- Megatrends and Market Drivers
- Analytics Value Drivers for IoT
- Key Solution Requirements for Test, Measurement, and Embedded System Design
- How Do We Get There From Here?
- “Software Designed” Drives the Future
- Call to Action
- Figure 1: What Is Different About IoT Endoints?
- Figure 2: End-To-End IoT Value Chain
- Figure 3: Analytics Tradeoffs Across the IoT Value Chain
- Table 1: Analytics Value Drivers for IoT Segments
- Table 2: Categories of Test , Measurement, and Embedded Design Systems
You can download the paper here.
- National Instruments