12 Dec RESEARCH PAPER: Dell and Red Hat Collaborate to Deliver OpenStack for Enterprise
Highlights of the Dell – Red Hat Joint Announcement on 12/12/2013
- Dell and Red Hat will expand their collaboration to co-engineer enterprise-grade OpenStack for private clouds.
- Dell is the first company to “OEM” Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) OpenStack Platform, containing RHEL, KVM, and OpenStack.
- Dell has joined the Red Hat OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure Partner Network as an Alliance Partner.
- Dell will provide professional services, delivery, and support for RHEL OpenStack Platform through a dedicated practice within Dell Cloud Services.
We believe that this broad collaboration between Dell and Red Hat is transformative to enterprise IT private cloud deployments. RHEL OpenStack Platform has a good chance to be perceived as the “most standard” version of OpenStack, potentially providing Dell advantages with enterprise IT clients favoring more open implementations.
- Highlights of the Dell – Red Hat Joint Announcement on 12/12/2013
- Topline Observations
- What is OpenStack?
- Red Hat’s OpenStack Aspirations
- Dell’s OpenStack Aspirations
- Dell and Red Hat Strengthen Collaboration to Deliver RHEL OpenStack Platform
- Important Information About This Paper
You can download the paper here.
- Red Hat