Moor Insights & Strategy is a global technology analyst and advisory firm with actual industry experience. The markets we address span the Internet of Things (IoT), client computing, cloud, the software-defined datacenter, and semiconductors.
Areas of coverage
We have a wide area of coverage:
- Internet of Things: Industrial (IIoT) and the Human (HIoT)
- Software-defined Datacenter: servers and compute, storage, networking, composable infrastructure, operating systems, middleware, workloads, TCO
- Client Computing: Wearables, smartphone, tablet, 2-in-1, convertible, notebook, desktop, workstation, smart TV, consoles, operating systems, user interfaces, usage models, TCO
- Cloud: Infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS, enterprise software conversion, TCO
- Semiconductors: CPU, GPU, DSP, FPGA, ISP, video, audio, WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, LTE
What we do
We do five things:
- Research companies, markets, products and technologies to develop custom forecasts and custom insights.
- Evaluate TCO models, measures of merits, provide benchmark assessments.
- Consult on strategic corporate, product, marketing and technology plans. Marketing and product includes segmentation, value proposition, messaging architecture and messaging, distribution, launch, PR.
- Advise on strategic corporate, product, marketing and technology plans. Marketing and product includes segmentation, value proposition, messaging architecture and messaging, distribution, launch, PR.
- Communicate our opinions on companies and coverage areas through white papers, blogs, contributed writing, webinars, trade show speaking, social media, and press citations.
How we’re different
We have actual industry experience. We have held executive-level positions in strategy, product, technology, and marketing. We are familiar with the problems you face, but we also have the problem solving ability of industry veterans. We know how to implement. Our advantage is the ability to identify the problems to be solved in a broad, one to seven year time horizon, anticipate the obstacles to solving them, create strategies to overcome the obstacles, and execute with precision to help companies reach their goals.
When we express our opinions publicly, we do it with the credibility that only decades of actual industry experience can provide. We are quoted in the top news outlets and routinely appear on business TV shows. MI&S analysts also do extensive public speaking at events and trade shows, in classic webinars, and participate heavily on social media.
You can find biographies and details on the team here.