ABOUT THE FIRM
Moor Insights & Strategy is a top-ranked, global technology analyst and advisory firm. The markets we address span the the Internet of Things (IoT), client computing, cloud, the software-defined datacenter, and semiconductors.
Areas of coverage
We have a wide area of coverage:
- Internet of Things: Industrial (IIoT) and Human (HIoT); smart home, smart buildings.
- Client Computing: Wearables, smartphone, tablet, 2-in-1, convertible, notebook, desktop, workstation, smart TV, consoles, operating systems, usage models.
- Cloud: infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS, enterprise software conversion
- Software-defined Datacenter: servers, storage, networking, operating systems, middle-ware.
- Semiconductors: CPU, GPU, DSP, FPGA, GPU, ISP, video, Audio, WiFi, BlueTooth, 3G, LTE
What we do
It’s very simple. We do five things.
- Extensively research our coverage areas above in “areas of coverage”
- Create scenario-based, custom forecasts, TCO models, and trend analysis.
- Broadly communicate our opinions on companies and coverage areas through white papers, blogs, contributed writing, webinars, trade show speaking, social media, and press citations
- Advise on strategic, product, and marketing deliverables for companies
- Create strategies and strategic deliverables through consulting engagements
How we’re different
The executive experience in high-tech companies we have provides familiarity with the problems our customers face, but unlike many analysts in other firms, the problem solving ability of industry veterans. Our advantage is the ability to identify the problems to be solved, anticipate the obstacles to solving them, create strategies to overcome the obstacles, and execute with precision to help companies reach their goals.
We express our opinions publicly on our coverage areas above, and do it with the credibility that only decades of really “doing it” can provide. The model has worked well as we are one of the most cited analyst firms in the world as ranked by Apollo Research. Analysts are quoted in the top news outlets and routinely appear on business TV shows. Analysts also do extensive public speaking at events and trade shows, in classic webinars, and participate heavily on social media.
You can find biographies and details on the team here.